On many occasions we want to share with our friends or on social networks some links that we find interesting. However, these links are too long. What can we use? Learn how to use bitly to shorten URLs and links for free.
In this way we can share without no kind of limitation all the links that we want where we want it. It is ideal for those who handle a lot of social networks, who have important websites or fanpages.
Especially for those who use apps like Twitter where the number of characters is quite limited. Whatever the case, it is not a bad idea for you to learn to use Bitly to shorten links free since this web application offers a large number of free options without having to go through the box at any time.
That is why we are going to see a simple tutorial where we will teach you how to use Bitly in every way. From registering to shortening links. It even has an extension for Google Chrome so you save a lot of time in case you have to shorten too many links or something you do a lot.
We are going step by step in this guide to use Bitly where you will learn everything you need to start taking your first steps with this interesting and above all useful web application.
Guide to use bitly step by step
- The first thing you should do is register with Bitly to enjoy all the benefits it offers. For this we are going to create an account which is free.
- We enter Bitly.com. After this we press the button “Get Started for Free”. We go to a new page where we will see that we can access three plans. Each of these with its advantages.
- The first is free while the second and third are paid. In case you are starting and you do not have a large volume of links, we recommend you start with the version free.
- Then we will have to complete a small form to finish the registration. The only thing it asks us for is the username, email and password. Then you will have to choose the sector of activity, something quite simple.
- You will also have to answer three questions that Bitly will ask you to know how you are going to use their service. The first one is How will you use Bitly? Can be personal, professional, etc. Also the size of your company in this case would be personal and to finish the task you perform.
- Once you’re done with this, it just remains confirm the email and we already have the Bitly account working and you can start creating your custom link.
How to use bitly to shorten links for free
To shorten a URL in Bitly the method is quite simple. All you have to do is copy the URL you want to shorten and then paste it into the box that says “Shorten your link“Then you click on the button that says”Shorten”And you have the URL shortened.
In principle this is the easiest way to do it. But you can also customize shortened addresses to make them friendlier. You don’t have to pay to do so as Bitly offers a host of pretty cool free features.
You also have an extension for Chrome and in this way you can speed up the process of shortening the links using bitly. To be able to use this extension, all you have to do is install it in your browser.
After this you will have to link the account and shorten the Url directly while you are browsing by clicking on the extension and the link is shortened instantly. It’s that simple and without having to enter the official Bitly website. In relation to this article, you might also be interested in How to shorten an affiliate link or URLs of my website in WordPress