Messenger is a application for sending messages between people who have added and rarely this application presents problems to hear what is reproduced. Through this application you can send things like voice notes, music and even large pre-recorded videos.
However, many users are having recently problems listening to the audios that their contacts send them through Messenger. What you will see next are the reasons why the Messenger audios do not play, how to solve this type of thing and how to update the Messenger.
What are the causes of Messenger having trouble playing audio?
There are at least two things that justify the fact that Messenger present problems to reproduce the audios that others send you. These two things are that the application may not have the necessary permissions to do this type of thing and the other reason is that perhaps the volume of your mobile is very low.
See what you need to do to solve these two problems that prevent you from hearing Messenger voice memos.
You do not have the permissions granted
Sometimes when applications they do not have the necessary permits, many of its functions often fail. To fix this kind of thing, you just have to:
- Turn on the cell phone.
- Go to the mobile settings.
- Find a section that says’Applications‘and enter it.
- Then locate the Messenger app.
- The next thing is to press the Messenger app for its properties.
- In the properties you will see what are the permissions that the application has.
- If you have some permissions turned off, just hit the switch to turn them on and you’re all set.
By the way, you need to know that with Messenger you can already send the same message to several people in order to create chains or things like that.
Media volume is low
Another thing that can affect the playback of voice memos within Messenger is that the volume of the device is very low. To increase the volume of your mobile you just have to press the volume up button that is on the sides of the cell phone.
In case the volume up button on your mobile is damaged, you can buy a pair of headphones with hands-free to use the button on the headphones and increase the volume of the mobile. When you finish raising the volume on your mobile, if you want and if you have time, it would be convenient for you to see how to delete chats in Messenger.
How do you clear the Messenger cache to eliminate audio problems?
Another reason why Messenger may not play the audios is due to a problem in its operation. These types of errors are temporary and can be fixed clearing the app’s cache. To clear the cache of an app, you have to:
- Start the mobile.
- Go to the settings of the same.
- Look for a section called ‘Applications’.
- Locate the Messenger app and click on it to see its details.
- When you view each of its details, you will look for an option that says ‘Clear cache’.
- When you see this option, press and wait a few seconds for the cache to clear.
After you do this, go to the application, enter the chat where the audio you want to hear is located and try again to play the audio. If by doing this you still cannot listen to the audio, you would have to go to Messenger Web and see if from there you can listen to the audios.
How to check that Messenger has the permission to use your microphone?
In case you can’t send audio notes to other people, you must check that the Messenger has authorization to use the microphone. This is what you should do for such kind of details:
- Go to the mobile settings.
- Go to the search bar and put the word ‘Messenger’.
- Press the first result, in the properties of the Messenger app look for an option that says ‘Permissions’.
- Then, hit that option and see if the microphone switch is on.
How to update Facebook Messenger on your mobile device?
Another thing you can do to solve this problem with the audios is update the Facebook Messenger app. If you want to update the app, you just have to go to the Play Store or the App Store, go to ‘My apps and games’, look for an update for Messenger and proceed to install it.
Taken advantage of that you are going to download the Facebook Messenger app, you should take the opportunity to also download and use Facebook Lite.
What to do if Messenger continues to have audio problems?
If Facebook Messenger continues to present problems to play the audio, what would be left is download the Facebook Lite to listen to the notes from there or use the Web Messenger.