Facebook memories can be very cute to remind you of old times. However, on some occasions they can bring us memories that we want to leave behind, especially if it is about certain people. So we are going to see how to remove or disable notifications from Facebook memories.
Likewise, in case it is a specific date or you do not want to see memories with certain people. Then you will be happy to know that Facebook has the ability to configure memories to ignore as many dates or people as you indicate.
This way you don’t have to deactivate all the memories. However, we are going to tell you how to disable memories, although also how to configure them so that they show us only what interests us.
How to disable memory notifications on Facebook on PC
Whether you want enable or disable notifications for Facebook memories. It is too simple a process that will take you less than a few seconds.
- The first thing you will do is go to Facebook Memories.
- Once here, what you have to do is press on “Notifications”Located in the upper right area of the screen.
- Now you will have to choose between the options “None”In this way you can prevent any kind of notification related to memories from appearing.
- In case you want to see less about Facebook memories, you will have to choose “The most outstanding”. You generally receive notifications about videos of specific celebrations from time to time.
Delete notifications of memories in Facebook on the cell phone
- Open the Facebook app.
- Now you will have to press on the three horizontal lines that are at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down until you find the option “Regards”.
- Click on the gear icon to go to the options.
- Here you will see in “Notifications”That you can choose the same ones that we discussed a little above. To avoid seeing memories, choose “None“In case you want to see some, you will simply have to choose”The most outstanding”.
If what you want is to delete your memories on Facebook because you don’t want to see anything that has to do with a person or perhaps with a specific date. You have the option to configure it and in this way you can avoid these memories without having to deactivate them completely.
How to delete memories with certain people
- You’re going to have to go to Facebook Memories.
- Once here go to “preferences”.
- Now you just have to click on “Edit” next to “People”.
- Next, you will have to write the names of all the people with whom you do not want to see any kind of memory.
- To finish click on “Keep”.
If you decide to hide the memories with a person. All the photos and labels that you have with it will be hidden. In case you want to see them again, return to this section.
How to delete memories of specific dates
- If you want to avoid seeing memories of some specific dates. What you should do is re-enter Facebook Memories. But instead of clicking on “People“You will have to click on”Edit” next to “Dates”.
- Obviously, what remains to be done is to choose the dates that you want to prevent Facebook from remembering you.
- Once you have everything ready, simply click on “Keep” and ready.
As you can see, it is quite easy to learn to remove or disable notifications from Facebook memories. Even the social network has options so you can configure the memories as you want. In this way you will have control of what you see at all times on the social network related to memories.