Facebook is an excellent social network, where people can communicate and meet no matter where they are. This social network has not only helped people to communicate, but it has also become a very common habit to be aware of the news and messages that appear there.
However, like any social network, it is plagued with both false accounts which you can report, and different malicious programs or scams, which are used mostly to steal the identity of many people and affect them economically and socially.
The way in which these scams work is through the spread of different viruses or ransomware, which are installed not only on the victim’s profile, but also on their computers through different virus which are quite silent and that in the long run they can harm you Pc.
This type of work of different virtual thieves is known in a great way, since it has been for years that they have been attacking different users of Facebook around the world.
Data to avoid falling for these scams
- Do not accept friend requests or reply to messages from people you do not have added and who do not know.
- Do not open any video that is sent to you in a suspicious way or whose link is I suspect or strange.
- Change your passwords constantly and try not to repeat them
- Try not to play the games that I promote Facebook, some may be hacked by cyber criminals.
How to remove a virus on Facebook
- Start by removing all suspicious apps from your profile. Facebook. Although it seems impossible, this may be the main reason why your account has some virus and he himself sent messages in bulk through his profile.
- It is important that you take special care and attention to those applications that may be malicious to you. Since these are the ones that can mainly trick you and install these viruses on your profile.
- To remove them, you just have to go to the menu of your applications and enter “Configuration options for your profile”. Once there, you can view all the installed applications and start reviewing them one by one.
- Next you need to remove any strange add-ons that are in your web browser. Which can be from Add-ons or Plugins and even those web extensions that perhaps at the time seemed the best in the world.
- These specific applications execute various commands almost incognito. They even violate the security of your Pc and therefore of your confidential information. To delete it if your browser is Firefox you must go to the settings. After that, go to the tools tab.
- Then add-ons and here you will see a complete list of all the web add-ons you have installed. Delete any of them that are unknown to you and proceed to restart your web browser.
- If, on the other hand, your browser is Chrome, go to tools, then access the extensions and there you will see the list of web extensions that have been installed. Delete the suspicious ones and restart your web browser.
- Change yourself facebook password. Although it sounds simple, doing this periodically is important as it helps not to leave your account vulnerable for so long. Make sure that the passwords are not similar, much less that you repeat them with each other.
Also remember never to access your personal account Facebook through links or web pages that are not reliable. Likewise, places such as cyber cafes, among others, are dangerous places to enter your social network accounts, since there they can record your passwords and conversations through any Pc that is previously infected. In these cases you would have to recover your Facebook account from the famous hackers.