Outlook is an email that has been used for a long time by people, since it was previously known as Hotmail. Not to be left behind when it comes to innovation in Outlook, we relevant functions have been incorporated to such email, such as sending voice memos.
One of the newest features added to Outlook emails is the one that allows you to make calls with your email account. In short, we are going to show you how calls are made with an Outlook email, how the contacts you have in Outlook are linked with those on your cell phone, and how to call a person using Outlook.
What do you need to do to be able to start a call with your Outlook account?
Initiating calls with an Outlook account is a simple thing that anyone can do no matter where they are. However, to make a call of this kind beforehand, you have to carry out a certain process. If you want to learn how to make such a call, you need to do a couple of things first.
In the next two sub-topics we are going to show you what you must do to be able to make a phone call using your Outlook email account.
Register your phone number
There are two things you must do to be able to make a phone call with your Outlook account. The first is to register the person’s phone number, which is done as follows:
- Start your device either mobile or a computer
- Open the web browser
- Go to Outlook web
- Then, look for the option that says new, the one that says ‘Add’ or else the one that says ‘Add new contact’
- To finish, add the contact of the other person along with the phone number
With this you would finish the first part of the process, it would only be necessary for you to complete the second part of the process to make calls. In case you didn’t know, with Outlook you can automatically move emails from one folder to another. Learning to move emails from one folder to another will allow you to have more order in your mail.
However, in addition to move emails from one folder to other and make calls, with Outlook mail you can synchronize the services of tasks, calendar and contacts.
Install the app on your mobile
The second thing you need to do to create an Outlook call is download outlook app for cell phones. Such an application can be downloaded for free from the Play Store in the case of Android phones and in the App Store in the case of iPhone phones.
If you wish, you can link the contacts you have on your cell phone with the contacts you have on your Outlook email account. For such a thing you must do the following:
- Start your phone and go to the ‘Settings’ app
- Go to the ‘Applications’ section
- Then select the ‘Outlook’ app
- Enables the permission that allows you to access contacts
- Then exit settings
- Open the Outlook app
- Go into settings
- Select your account and to finish, select the option that says ‘Sync Contacts’
How can you call a person from your Outlook email?
If you want to make a phone call to a person in Outlook, you should make use of skype Or else Rainbow. These two are the best means today to make phone calls using Outlook mail.
Now if you want make a call with Outlookyou have at your disposal two means, which can be used sometimes for free.
The outlook calls using Skype they can be done in group mode or else in a more private way between only two members. Pay attention to how these calls are made:
- turn on your cell phone
- Open the Outlook App
- Sign in to your account
- Then, go to enter the ‘Calendar’
- Select the ‘Meeting’ option
- To finish, choose Skype as the medium of the meeting, choose the contacts that you will integrate into the meeting and proceed to save the changes
You need to know that this process can also be done from the Outlook web employing a desktop computer or a laptop.
With the Rainbow extension
The Rainbow extension is provided by Outlook and you don’t need to install it. Telephone calls with this extension are made as follows:
- Start your device
- Open the Outlook program or application
- Then, go to the contact tray
- Press the cell phone icon to make the call
- Wait for the call to go to the Rainbow extension and voila that’s it