RAM memory It is a vital component in the functions of a computer. Every time you turn it on, your RAM will work at all times until you want to end your session of using the PC. This compound does not usually generate malfunctions optimal healthy computer.
There are various problems that can attack your computer; and not all of them have to do with faulty RAM. Sometimes it can be high temperatures in the processor, lack of cleaning, a badly placed cable … But don’t worry. In this article we will review how to understand the operation and most common problems in the vital component.
Diagnosing the state of your RAM memory
RAM problems are confusing and sometimes difficult to detect. You wake up one day to use your PC and it turns on quietly, you can start applications, your browser and almost anything without any problem. exist signs that you should interpret to verify that you are actually having problems with this component. If you are lucky and have taken care of your memory, maybe just a good RAM cleaning will suffice.
Symptoms of a bad RAM memory
The most common thing to happen on a computer with errors related to processing memory of your PC is the next:
- As soon as you proceed to turn on the PC, multiple sounds or beeps occur coming from it.
- If you have been using the computer for a long time, it becomes very slow and may even force us to restart.
- Experiencing unexpected blue screen (BSOD) when opening apps or games; in the worst case, even when opening many tabs in the browser.
- For things of the system, we cannot access certain files on the hard drive, as it is mentioned that they are corrupt.
If one or more of the errors listed above occurs to you, you may be experiencing RAM problems. However, some other component may also be causing the conflict.
In order to get rid of suspicions, it is pertinent to check the status of your processing memory with a scan using an application. There is a variety of free tools to carry out this task; even Windows has one by default.
Doing a scan of your RAM
There are several versions of Windows created over time. For this option however, you will need to have Windows 10 on your computer, to perform a free and successful RAM scan. If this is your case, follow the steps below.
Windows Memory Diagnostic
With this tool there will be no need to use external programs to check your memory successfully; you only need to have Windows 10. Follow the steps below.
- To access this tool, click on the Windows start button and then write: mdsched.
- When executing the tool, you will have at your disposal a window that asks if you want to restart your computer to check RAM problems; subsequently, starting the program after the reboot.
- When you start your PC again, you will have a blue menu where the option of a basic, standard or extended analysis. Each one has a different level of complexity, the extended being the longest in terms of duration, and successively less and less duration between the standard and the basic respectively.
- Then your PC will restart. To review the results, go to the Windows button and type event viewer. Run it and then go into “Windows Registries” and “system”. Search for any event that has the phrase “MemoryDiagnostics-Results”.
Another option to check my RAM
If you do not have Windows 10, you will have to find an external program to run a RAM scan. We recommend Memtest86 as an ideal solution for this problem.
This is open source software, where you will have to make use of the powerful tool that is to check failures in a RAM memory installed in your computer. To properly test the program, it is necessary to load the program before Windows or your operating system starts. You will have to download the .ISO file to burn to a disc, which will start your computer.