There is a great variety of multimedia players and we want one that is complete, some people use a very common one like VLC, although it can be used in various operating systems there are places that cannot be reached, this means that we must look for alternatives.
For this we recommend Kodi, this player appeared on the market in 2003 known as XBMC (Xbox Media Center), when it was created, it was with the aim of being a multimedia center for the first Xbox, but it soon became an app that can be used on most known platforms.
In terms of functionality, this player provides us with an interface that gives us the facility to access all the video, audio or image files that we have on our device.
In this article we are going to explain how to download and install Kodi on Ubuntu. I will also explain the basic configuration that you should use to install the multimedia player, but you could tell me that you do not have Linux Ubuntu, but that you would like to try it, do not worry, it is easy to install.
But it may be the case that you already have it installed, but an outdated version and you would like to update it or once the update has been installed it could happen what is in englishHow can we change the language to Spanish? It is a simple procedure. Now you can install other things to make its use more meaningful.
How to install Kodi?
The first thing we must do is install a necessary package for Kodi. We will open a terminal on our screen and write the following:
- sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
Keep in mind that you may already have it installed, but it is better to make sure, if it is the case that you already have it, the same terminal will tell you that no change has been made.
Another thing that we must do is add the repository. There are several ways to do it, but the fastest is by opening a terminal and copying this:
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa: team-xbmc
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install Kodi
How to change Kodi language settings?
The first thing we would like to change is the language, for this we must follow a series of steps that we will explain to you so that you can do it yourself:
- We enter system then settings.
- We locate in the part of Apperance and then you go into International. In that menu we will go to the part where we are going to choose our language and the schedule.
Now the time has come to install the repositories, at this time we have changed the language and it will be easier for us to install of the SuperRepo, we will do it as follows:
- First we go to System or File manager. Later we clip on Add source. After this, a window will open and we make a clip where it says None and add the link: https://srp.nu
- In that same window, but at the bottom we put a name of our choice. For example, keep in mind that the repository is not installed yet, to do so we must go to Settings Add-ons, and there we choose Install from a .zip file and we choose the unit to which we put the name in the previous step.
- Already open we enter the Kodi version that is there, we look for the All folder and there we install the repository. As a final note, sometimes it may happen that it does not fit us well because it is the first time we do it.
- And we want to go back to the beginning to do our best, for this we can easily uninstall and install the program again. As I mentioned at the beginning, the player can be installed on several operating systems, you want to know how to do it, I invite you to visit.