Here you can find clear and precise information on how to make the most of the option of record Reels on Instagram, doubling the recording time and letting you know what options you have to increase the length of your video. We will show you what are the steps you must follow to achieve it.
And at the same time you will know what other options we have to enjoy together with our followers of the best Reels. It will not be very complicated, you will achieve do it in a matter of minutes and you will become an expert taking into account each of the recommendations we give you.
How long can an Instagram Reel last?
Most of us enjoy recording videos of unique and unforgettable moments. But everything does not end there, but also, we like to share them with other people, which unites us in the distance with family, friends and followers. Allowing our space in the network to achieve entertain everyone.
That is the wonder of social networks and especially of Instagram, which you can download from Google Play for free. So, due to the increase in people who upload videos to the different social networks that exist, Instagram has seen the need to increase the durability of the reels.
This is to keep its users happy and how happy we are now that we now have more time to record them. In the beginning you could only record for 15 seconds, which was annoying for those who wanted to capture slightly longer videos.
So the platform decided to please them, increasing the time of the Reels, in the month of August 2020, to 1 minute long. All this has allowed the application to increase the number of people who use it on a daily basis.
And this gave it greater popularity among the different social networks that offer the opportunity to record videos and share them. The duration of the videos in the Reels is now longer than before.
So you can double the duration of your Reels on Instagram
We were already used to having only 15 seconds to make our reels on Instagram, but with this new update, which is wonderful and we greatly appreciate it, we can increase the duration time of our videos on the platform.
However, for many it is not easy to double the size of the reels on Instagram, and it is difficult to understand how to do it in the simplest way that exists. For this reason, in the following lines we will teach you how to do it, without complicating ourselves too much and obtaining the best results. To achieve this, you just have to follow the following steps:
- The first thing you should do is open the Instagram application on your mobile device or PC.
- Then, in the upper right part of the screen you will see a + symbol, which you must select.
- Doing so will display a tab with 4 options, Posts, Stories, Reels and Live Video, you must choose the one that says Reels.
- On the left side of the screen, 5 options will appear, among which you can choose as you please and modify the style, duration, speed and other aspects of your reel, but the option that interests you is the second one, from top to bottom, in where you will see a circle with the number 15, press it until the number 60 appears. This way you will make them last a maximum of 60 seconds.
And that’s it, you can now double the duration of your reels, taking advantage of each of the seconds it offers you. But you can’t just do it with live video, you can also use videos you already have in your gallery, it is not difficult. It may be that after so many attempts you have many of these in draft and you should know that it is possible to eliminate them.
If your Instagram Reel lasts more than a minute you can take this alternative
Although Instagram has increased the duration of the Reels, there are many who we want to record more than 1 minute and share our videos, what can we do? There is an option to achieve record videos without time limits and here we will show you how you can do it:
- The first thing you need to do is go to the app and choose the stories section.
- The next thing is to slide the options that appear at the bottom of the screen, just below the record button and look for the one that says ‘Live’.
- We select it and start recording the time we want. The only difference is that our followers will see what we record live and directly and they will be able to join and interact with us through comments that will appear on the screen.
- When we finish recording what we wanted, we select finish. The recording needs to be more than one minute before you can save it.
- At the end of the direct, the options ‘Save IGTV’, ‘Download Video’ or ‘Delete’ will appear, select the one you want and ready you will have your video of more than 1 minute.
You can not only do this from your mobile device, you can also do it from your PC. This way you can have longer videos on your Instagram and share them with all those who follow you.