With the advancement of technology and globalization, the way we communicate has changed. Currently WhatsApp is the most used instant messaging application Worldwide. But now there is a need to protect your information and hide WhatsApp conversations.
WhatsApp is also used as a means of communication at a professional level and you can handle a type of information that can be sensitive. It’s information that you don’t want anyone with access to your phone to see.
With this trick you will be able to hide not only conversations from curious eyes, but everything they include such as photos, videos, audios, files, among others. You won’t have to delete the conversation and retrieve it later. You can have access to information when you need it.
How to hide WhatsApp conversations?
This feature has been available on WhatsApp for a long time, but there are users they still don’t know her. It is never too late to learn and more if it deals with something that can be useful to us.
Hide a WhatsApp conversation from Android
Select the conversation you want to hide. Press for at least a second on the conversation and new options will appear.
- At the top right of the application there are several buttons. Select the button that has a square icon and inside has an arrow.
- The conversation will be archived. The archive option WhatsApp, move the conversation to another place where it is not visible with the other chats.
- If you want to access the conversation you hid again, you must go to the end of conversation history and select the archived option. There will appear all the conversations that you have hidden.
Hide a WhatsApp conversation from iOS
The way to hide a chat from iOS is very similar to the Android way. Just change for a few small variations.
- Select the conversation from the chat history and swipe from right to left.
- Select the option file and the conversation will no longer be in the chat history.
- To access the hidden conversations, go to the beginning of the conversation history and there will be the link to the hidden conversations.
Unarchive a conversation
- If you use Android, select the conversation, press and hold your finger for at least a second and the available options for the chat will appear. Select the square button with a up arrow to unarchive.
- If you use iOS, choose the conversation and swipe from right to left. Select the Unarchive option.
An important point to mention is that conversations are kept hidden until you receive a new message and the conversation is updated. The conversation reappears in the chat history.
Hide a conversation from WhatsApp web
In WhatsApp Web it is also possible to hide conversations and prevent people from expiring conversations by viewing your monitor screen. To hide the conversations it is necessary to download and install a chrome extension.
- Open the Google Chrome browser
- Look for the extension called WhatsHide. This extension allows hide conversations from WhatsApp web or the type of content that you don’t want them to see in conversations.
- Install the extension in the browser.
- After installing the extension, a new button will appear in the browser, right next to the address bar.
- When you have WhatsApp Web open, click on the button and type the name of the contact you want to hide.
This option is useful for hiding information within conversations, for example, you can hide a specific word within a chat. You have the ability to hide more than one word and the best of all is that the application is password protected.
The disadvantage of using this option is that there are blank spaces (empty) within the conversation for the word you hid and the phrases can lose context, in the same way it happens if you want to hide a WhatsApp group without having to leave. Although in the same way it will be fulfilling its function which is to hide the information that you want.