If we talk about the best apps for organizing photos and multimedia content, it is inevitable not to mention Google Photos. This app is perfect in many ways for manage images that you have stored on your mobile phone. With this app you can even search for Instagram images.
Another function of Google Photos is the creation of ‘Private Folders’, these folders are used to protect images or videos that we don’t want other people to see. In short, we are going to show you how to set up private folders within Google Photos and how to add images to private folders in Google Photos.
How can you set up a private or locked folder in Google Photos?
Google Photos folders must be customized to be able to use them, they are not already created within the google photos app. Now, such folders can be created from the website in the case of cell phones and also in the application for Android and iOS mobile phones.
The process that has to be carried out is a little different for both devices, but it is still almost the same. By the way, you need to know that with Google Photos there is a way to locate the photos that you have duplicates in your Google Photos account.
From the website
Private folders can be created from the website. This is something simple that you can understand just by reading the process once:
- Open your computer’s web browser
- Then, enter the Google Photos website
- Sign in to your account
- Then, access the ‘Utilities’ section which is on the right hand side of the monitor
- Within utilities you will go to look for an option that says ‘Private folder’
- To finish, you must press that option ‘Private folder’ and select the one that says ‘Set up new private folder’
Having created the folder, what is missing is that add content to that folder private. If you don’t know how to add images or videos to your private folder of your Google Photos account, you have nothing to worry about. Later we will explain how a photo is added to the private folder of Google Photos and how it is also deleted.
With the mobile app
With the app for mobile phones, you must do the same as mentioned in the process for computers where the Google Photos website is used:
- Open the Google Photos App on your device, be it Android or iOS
- Go to the ‘Library’ section
- From library go to the ‘Utilities’ section
- Then, there in ‘Utilities’ you will look for the option ‘Private folder’
- To finish, just press where it says ‘Set up new private folder’ and voila, that would be it
It should be noted that, with Google Photos, you can search for specific people within the photos you have on the device. This is very useful when you want collect multiple photos in which a specific person appears to make a collage or else a video.
The ones we have mentioned before are just some of the few features that the Google Photos app contains. If you really want to learn how to handle each of the functions of this application, you have to start using it more often and go into each of your options to see what they do.
What should you do to add photos to your secret Google Photos folder?
Since you know how private folders are created with the Google Photos application, you need to learn how to add items to that folder. That is done as follows:
- Access the Google Photos app or else the Google Photos website
- Find the image you want to add to the ‘Private Folder’ and open it
- Swipe the image up to see its details
- In the options that will show you there, go look for an option that says ‘Add to private folder’ and that would be it
The good thing about private folders is that they can save or hide a large number of files no matter they are images or videos.
What is the procedure to remove or remove a photo from your locked folder?
If you wish pull a bunch of images out of the private folder of your mobile you must carry out a slightly different process than the one shown above. Pay attention to what you need to do:
- Sign in to your Google Photos account
- Go to ‘Libraries’
- Go to the ‘Utilities’ section
- Then, where it says ‘Private folder’ and access the place where you have your hidden photos
- To finish, select the images you want to remove from the hidden folder and check the ‘Move’ option. Don’t press ‘Delete’ because if you don’t you will delete those photos within the device