WhatsApp is still one of the preferred applications to communicate on social networks. However, it is becoming increasingly complex to separate our personal data from public data. Therefore, on some occasions we need more privacy, such as the wish to hide profile picture to a WhatsApp contact. It may also be that you have decided not to show it to anyone, which is another viable alternative. In this statement we will tell you how to use it.
What should I do to set the privacy of my WhatsApp profile picture?
We increasingly perceive that the content we share with our family, friends or co-workers is usually very different. So sometimes the need arises to hide the profile picture from all our WhatsApp contacts. Next we will show you the procedure for it.
- First, what you will have to do is enter WhatsApp on the Android device. Now, you scroll to home and click on the list icon and go into Settings.
- Then choose the Account option. Then click on the Privacy menu section.
- On the screen that follows, click on profile picture. You will notice that a window will be displayed where you will choose between the different alternatives: All, My contacts or Nobody. In this case, you can choose between the options of your preference, the one that suits you best. According to this, only those people you want or otherwise none will be able to see your WhatsApp photo.
Methods I can use to hide my profile picture from someone on WhatsApp
This platform offers you the opportunity to choose if you want to hide your faction photo in the chat, and that no user sees it. Also, how much only your contacts see it or just show it to everyone. This is a measure that is used in order to give you greater control over your private life:
Removing the contact from the phonebook and changing WhatsApp privacy
First, you will enter the user registration guide on your mobile device. Then you look for the person what you do not want me to see your profile picture and proceeds to delete it. If you want before deleting it you can copy the number to keep it and be able to locate it later.
Once the contact is deleted from your phone book, that individual can no longer see your WhatsApp profile image. Since you have already selected that it is only visible to your contacts and this person is no longer on your list. If later you want that user to be able to see your profile image again, just by adding it back to the phone book you allow it, since you don’t have to change any of the settings by WhatsApp.
There is also another way to prevent your profile picture from being seen by someone you don’t want to see it. Without blocking it from your connection list, the procedure is as follows:
- First, go to WhatsApp on your mobile or on the website and click on ‘Settings’.
- Next, choose the option ‘Account’ and ‘Privacy’.
- Click on ‘Faction Image’ and enable ‘My Contacts’.
- Access the user’s chat you would like to hide your profile picture in the app and tap on their name.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ option and enter the number ’31’ before your phone number. That is, +52 31 and the 10 digits of the cell phone number.
- Now, that contact will no longer be able to see your WhatsApp profile picture. That way you won’t lose that person’s number. Since you can visualize it in the place where his name was.
You should know that the code ’31’ is the one that is inserted before any number that you want to mark. In this way your no. is hidden in the call.
Blocking WhatsApp contact
To block a user from your registration list in the app. You just have to go to the menu. Then, in the privacy settings section, add a user to the list of blocked users. And ready. If you are still not clear on the process. Here we will tell you how to do it through the method that we provide below:
- Sign in to WhatsApp
- Tap the menu icon in the top right corner. Next press on ‘Settings’, once there, access the ‘Account’ element.
- Next, you need to go to ‘Privacy’, and then to ‘Blocked Contacts’.
- Press the element to add users in the upper right area.
- Choose the name of the person you want to obstruct.
So can stop me from seeing your profile picture by blocking it. You no longer contact this user, nor does he. Also, the individual may not be aware of it.
You should know that, even if you have blocked it, this will continue to have you in their contact list, without you doing anything to avoid it. But if you have the power to remove it from your own list. Deleting it from your phone book. So the app will be updated and that name will not appear anymore.
Hide profile picture from all WhatsApp contacts
Just as you hide the faction photo of the app from a user. You can also do it completely to all the people in your registration agenda. To achieve this, do the following:
- In the WhatsApp profile, click on the menu of the three points. Then select Settings.
- Once there, choose the Account item. The first alternative will be displayed which is ‘Security’ and click on it.
- In the profile picture section, click on the box ‘Nobody’.
There are also other privacy alternatives available. Since you can hide the last time of your connection, personal information, and disable the reading confirmations indicated by double clicking in blue if you prefer.
You should also know that you can hide your profile picture on iPhone and the best of it no need to block the specific contact.