Currently, we can find a variety of platforms that help us directly to keep our accounting, create documents, slides and spreadsheets without any problem. Many of them can be used without internet access, but by downloading them into devices, and others, just like Google Sheets, are used through an internet connection.
Likewise, it’s important to note that the Google Sheets platform is feature-rich, versatile, and easy to use. One of them is the way to use the cells or rows that the spreadsheets bring, as well as, these can be hidden in a simple way. Through this article, we will learn each of the steps to able to hide rows that are in the spreadsheets of Google Sheets.
How to optimize work with data in Google spreadsheets?
As Google Sheets works through the internet, there are many options to make the platform much more optimized. For each of the tools you own, work correctly and quickly. Among the methods to optimize work with data Within the Google Sheets spreadsheets, we find the following:
Freeze rows you don’t use
Unused rows can be easily frozen. What this option will allow is that the cells that are frozen remain in their place, without being moved or edited. It is so then, that will be determined as frozen because a gray color will appear on its edge. To freeze the columns or cells, go to Google docs. and the following is done:
- First of all, click on the “View” option.
- Afterwards, you must select “Freeze”
- And that’s it, the changes will be saved and the selected cells within the rows or columns will be frozen.
Hide one or more cells
Another of the ways of optimization that the Google Sheets platform allows within its spreadsheets is the possibility of hide one or more cells. This allows for better spreadsheet visibility and the steps to do so are as follows:
- You should right-click on the column, especially within its header.
- Also, click on the menu that appears.
- Select the “Hide cell” option
- Once you have clicked on the hide option, its cells should automatically disappear in the spreadsheet.
- In the event that you want to return the changed work, you simply have to click on the arrows that are opposite and that’s it.
How to prevent someone else from editing the data in your Google Sheets document?
On many occasions, people can easily enter our platforms and make edits to our documents within Google Sheets. However, there is a way to make this not happen and, therefore, formulas in spreadsheets can be blocked and, in addition, prevent a third party from editing the data of your spreadsheets. Here are the steps to keep in mind:
- The first option is to open the platform, especially the Google Sheets spreadsheet.
- The “Data” option will be clicked and then the protected ranges will be entered. Once entered, an external menu should open.
- Several options will appear on the screen, one of them is “Add a sheet or range”
- Click on Range, in case you want to protect it. And sheet protection will be clicked in case you don’t want it to be edited by a third party.
- You will choose the sheet to protect and the set of cells that can be edited or not.
- Click on “Permissions or change permissions”, there you can choose the limits of editing within the spreadsheets by a third party.
- In those editing options will appear: Only you, Only domain, Custom and Copies the permissions of another range
- Save will be clicked when you have set the permission limits.
How to hide cells in your Google Sheets?
In case you want hide cells inside your sheet of Google Sheets calculation, you must take into account each of the steps that will be mentioned below:
- You must enter the official Google Sheets page and open the spreadsheet there.
- The left mouse click will be made and each of the cells that you want to hide will be dragged.
- You should go to the number that is in the left zone or in other cases, they are in the upper part and you will right click on the mousse, selecting the “Hide” option
- Click on save the changes and that simple you will hide the cells.
How to select only part of your data in Google sheets?
Google Sheets allows its users the possibility of select only one part of the data found within spreadsheets. It is worth mentioning that one of the options is the possibility of using the Google translator in the spreadsheets, in order to translate. The steps are the following:
- Open a Google Sheets spreadsheet.
- Select the cells with the data.
- Click on the “Data” option and then on “Create filter”
- Each of the filter options will appear and click on “Filter”