Today we are going to see how to have and create a custom url on my YouTube channel. It is a way to make it easier for your followers to access your YouTube channel. So that in this way they can enter your content in a simple and direct way.
Also, it is much easier to share the URL of your channel. Above all, it is much friendlier to add to your social media profiles or share on forums, websites, etc.
Obviously we must meet a series of requirements in order to request a custom URL. Not all channels meet these requirements, but do not worry, it is not difficult to meet them at all.
Virtually any YouTube profile that takes dedication and work in a short time can request a custom address. What you should keep in mind is that said URL will be like this: youtube.com/yourpersonalizedname. Where is it?your custom name“You can put whatever you want.
It should be the name of your channel and the easiest thing to remember so that it is simple for your followers and increase your visits. In addition, it is also important that you keep in mind that once the custom URL is created it cannot be modified. So think very well what name you are going to use.
How to create a custom URL on YouTube
To have a custom URL you need to meet some requirements. In case you meet them then there should be no problem of any kind to be able to have a unique address that is easy to remember and unique.
If you meet the above requirements then you can request a custom address. For this we must follow the steps that we will discuss a little below.
How to change YouTube URL to a custom one
Something that you should keep in mind is that after creating the custom URL you cannot edit it. So you should be pretty sure which one to choose before doing so.
- The first thing you have to do is enter the advanced settings of your account. You can also go to the upper right area of the screen in your profile photo. After this you will have to go to Setting and then to Advanced configuration.
- In section “Channel setup” you have to choose “You are eligible to receive a custom URL”. Obviously this option only appears if you meet the requirements that we mentioned above.
- On “Get a custom URL“You will not be able to edit what appears in gray, you can put any name in the white box, although it obviously has to be available. Remember that millions of users register custom URLs.
- It is important that you understand that once you request the custom URL you will not be able to make any changes. Therefore, once you are sure you have to click on “Confirm choice”.
- Once you have approved the approved URL you will be able to access your channel by typing in the address bar “youtube.com/yourname”And it will take you to your YouTube channel.
It’s that easy to learn how to have and create a custom url on my YouTube channel. This way you have the ability to provide your followers with a way to easily access your YouTube channel. Remember that it has to be as simple as possible and above all easy to remember.