You are composing and have already spell checked the Word document and you want to save it, but you get a notification that memory is insufficient.
You may wonder what happened to Word, and you are struggling to get ahead in your work. Well do not worry that this common problem has a solution, in addition, it is quite simple and practical to solve the memory issue.
How to know how much memory I have on my PC
We briefly explain what you can do to discover the space that exists on your computer, and in this way you can work safely. There are two easy ways to find out how much space do you have on your computer and they are easy and effective to carry out.
The first way to know how much memory your PC has or how full it is is as follows:
- Go to the start window of your computer located at the bottom left.
- A window in the form of a gear will appear with the title “Configuration”, select this option from your computer.
- Then look for the System option, and here you will get a range of options on the left side.
- At the bottom you will find a window that says “Storage”, here is where you can observe the capacity of your memory.
The second way to know how much memory your PC has or how full it is is as follows:
- Go to the File Explorer that exists in the form of a folder in the Toolbar, which is at the bottom of your PC.
- When opening, several windows will appear on the left side, you will press the option “Local Disk”.
- When placing the mouse arrow on the mentioned option, right click on it and select the “Properties” mode.
- And voila, you can observe the performance of your computer.
Knowing the memory conditions and sufficient space on your PC, the question is How to eliminate the insufficient space error in Word?
How to fix Word out of memory error
We explain you in a simple way how to fix the error commonly found in writing jobs in Word on your PC.
- You should close all open programs that you are not currently using.
- Check if there are programs running in the background, you can do this by pressing “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” to open the “Task Manager” on your computer.
- Open the option “Processes” and see if there are processes running uselessly.
- Close these programs by clicking on them one by one, then press the “End process” option.
- Carry out in the Windows tool “Disk Cleanup”.
- Click the “Start” button and open “Computer.”
- Right click on the “Local Disk” option and select the “Properties” mode.
- At the top a tab will appear that says “General”, click on this option, then on the button “Disk Cleanup”. Wait for the computer to tell you how much space it can free up on the local disk, this may take a few minutes.
- You should click on the file class in “Files to delete” in the “Disk Cleanup” window and you can see their description. By observing what types of files exist you will be able to eliminate the one that you decide to remove from your documents on the computer.
- Select the check boxes next to the file types you want to remove, press “OK” then “Delete” to confirm the deletion. This process may take a while, so you will need to wait for the system to clean the memory.
It would also be good if you have a Windows PC, you learned how to clean, optimize and speed up your Windows PC with Advance SystemCare.
Although it is also useful that you learn to program CCleaner to clean your PC automatically and turn it off, since this program is very useful to keep your PC clean and avoid errors.
As you could read, you can perform this memory recovery in an easy and practical way by following the steps carefully. We hope that these tools will be very useful to you when it comes to freeing up space on your disk memory.