If you are a fan of Facebook, you will surely spend many hours using this application. But at the same time, many questions may arise regarding their privacy methods; one of them is whether or not you should delete your phone number. In this post we will show you how to delete or change your Facebook cell phone number.
How do I delete my Facebook cell phone number from my computer?
- Log in to Facebook.
- Go to the upper right corner and click on the down arrowhead icon.
- When a menu is displayed you must click on “Setting”.
- A side menu located on the left side of the screen will immediately appear.
- Look for the option “Mobile” and click there.
- Immediately a new window will appear called “Mobile settings”.
- In the section Your phone numbers you will be able to see the number that you registered in your Facebook account; below the cell phone number is the option “Get rid of”, click there.
- A pop-up window will appear with a message confirming if you are sure you want to delete the number.
- You must check the box that says “I understand that I may lose access to my account.”
- Then click the button “Get rid of”.
- Now enter your access password.
- Press “Send” and voila your number has already been removed.
You will receive a message to your email informing you that you managed to delete your cell phone number from Facebook successfully. This will prevent strangers from having your number and using it to annoy you, but if this happens, you could block calls and messages from that unknown number.
How to change my Facebook cell phone number?
There are two very easy ways to change your Facebook cell phone number.
1. Add another phone number:
- Follow steps 1 through 6 above.
- Press the option + Add another mobile phone number.
- When a pop-up window appears enter phone number and check the box with the option where you want to receive the confirmation code (either message or call).
- Press “Continue”.
- Enter the confirmation code that came to your mobile and press “Confirm”.
- And your number will be added successfully.
2. Adding a new phone number:
- Follow the steps above (1-12).
- When you have deleted your cell phone number, a green button will appear in the same window with the option + Add a phone number, click that button.
- A pop-up window will appear where you should enter the new cell phone number; You must also check the confirmation box, that is, you must choose if you want the confirmation code to reach you by message or call.
- Now you must click the button “Continue”.
- If you checked the message box, you will receive a message with a confirmation code. Enter this code and click “OK”.
- Finally another window will appear where you must configure if you want to receive notifications by sms and with what you want to share your number; after configuring these data you must press “Save settings”.
- Ready your Facebook account already has a new cell phone number.
How to delete my Facebook cell phone number from Android?
- Go to Facebook Lite.
- Press the icon three horizontal stripes which is located in the upper right corner.
- When a menu is displayed you should look for the option “Setting” and click there.
- Now you must look for the Notifications section and press the option “Text messages”.
- In this new window you will be able to see your cell phone number, below your number the word appears “Get rid of” click there.
- When another window appears you must check the box I understand that I can lose access to my account and then press the button “Delete number”.
- Now you must enter your Facebook access password and click on “Delete phone”.
- And voila, your number has been removed.
Benefits of registering a cell phone number on Facebook:
- It serves for log in in your Facebook account.
- Reset password in case of forgetting, or in case your account is hacked and you need to recover it.
- Send alerts about the start of unknown session.
- Help keep your account more secure with the two-step authentication method.
- Receive notifications of friend requests or status updates.
- Your friends can search for you on this social network using your cell phone number.
- You can change the password easily.
If you don’t feel sure you have your cell phone number Follow these simple steps on Facebook and there will be no trace of your phone information on this social network. As you could see, delete or change your Facebook cell number, it is a very easy process; although if you do not feel safe it would also be good if you put your profile totally private so that no stranger can see it.