Do you want to delete or get rid of certain messages received and sent from your iPhone? It is common to want to delete some and more when you have alternatives to delete your messages, perhaps delete the entire Facebook Messenger application or it may be by deleting the messages that you do not want to have in it, although the best indication is above all to free up more space or mistake from your device, but what happens when you delete them? And in what way can you delete them? Stay in this article to know a little more about your iPhone.
What happens when you delete a message in a Messenger conversation?
At the time of sending a message, some things may happen, such as if you send something and it turns out “Message not sent” will not automatically be observed in the conversation for the other person and it will even appear as an “error” for you, either due to internet failures or the type of content you have sent, but in the case of sending a certain message and delete it with the option “for all” the other person will only see the outline of the box and in the text field only shows “message deleted”, this happens as for reporting, but will not see what you sent.
How are Messenger messages on both phones deleted from iPhone?
When sending a message from Facebook Messenger, either by mistake, a photo, video or some misspelled word we will have the intention of deleting it and sending another message again before being read by the other person, this is very easy to do from your iPhone, keep in mind that this is actually very typical And it can happen to anyone sometimes, so, follow these steps to be able to do it:
To delete a message
- Enter your Facebook Messenger app.
- Select the conversation where the message you want to delete is located.
- Now, tap on the message and hold that text box in Messenger for at least 1 or 2 seconds.
- When you do this, a small panel will appear on your screen with several options.
- Choose the best one, if you want to delete it for the other person press “delete for me” (you will not be able to see the message you send in your conversation, but the other person will), “cancel” (in case you do not want to delete any message ) or “delete for everyone” (neither you nor the person will be able to see the message in the conversation).
If you want to delete the whole conversation
- By already being logged into Facebook.
- You can easily access your Facebook Messenger.
- Once in the tab with your chat list, select the conversation you want to delete.
- Press and hold or slide it.
- When several options appear, tap “Delete.”
How to know if the Messenger message was deleted on both cell phones?
Do not worry if when sending a misspelled message or something incorrect that you wanted to send to the other person is in their chat, before you can read it you will be able to establish some things to erase it, so be it definitively, you just have to make sure that the option you choose is “delete for all”, since when doing it the other person and even you will be able to observe that the information of the message is not there, you will only see the text field the phrase “you have deleted a message” automatically the other person will not be able to observe what you sent only the information of “Message deleted.”
Why can’t you delete a Messenger message for everyone on your iOS device?
Although it is an app to be able to establish frequent conversations and much more, there is a time limit in which you can use to delete a specific message, which, if you take around 10 minutes approximately to delete a message, this will automatically not allow you to delete the message with the “delete for me” options or the “delete for everyone” option, showing you only the “cancel” option.