Today, Facebook groups have become a big trend. Being created, with different purposes. Mainly, to be more releases with people who have common interests and to share publications in Facebook groups from the cell phone or PC.
Yet when you are the group administratorYou may find that sometimes things don’t go as planned. Even so, it can be a bit tedious, especially if you have several groups or pages to attend to.
However, if you are not yet familiar with the term groups on Facebook, you do not know how to see the list of groups in which I am on Facebook, you have a group that you want to permanently delete, here we will show you how to do it. We will also let you know important details of the groups on Facebook.
What are Facebook groups and what are they for?
When we talk about a Facebook group we refer to a space within this social network, intended for users who have common interest. Through them, it is possible to share any type of information, as well as knowledge, among others.
Surely, you are wondering Who can create a group on Facebook? Anyone who has an account on this social network can create their own group. Where will be administrator.
Classification of Facebook groups
They are classified as follows:
- Thematic: That is, users can choose any specific topic, what they want their Facebook group to be about. It can be games, travel, jobs, among others.
- Privacy: Facebook groups, may vary depending on privacy. In this aspect, we have three options:
- Open: Your information is public, therefore, it is not necessary to send a request
- closed: a request must be sent to the group, in order to have access and participate within the same
- Secrets: A group that is created by one person and no one else has access to view or post or share, unless the creator sends them an invitation.
It is important to note that anyone can request to join a Facebook group, except those that are created secretly.
How to delete a Facebook group created by me?
As explained from the beginning, Facebook groups can be created by any user of this social network. Similarly, the administrator (Creator of the group) can delete it whenever you want.
However, it is important to keep in mind that Facebook does not have a specific button to delete groups. So to be able to opt for this option, de leave the group and in this way it is eliminated or disappears.
Steps to delete a Facebook group created by me
- The first thing is log in on the Facebook account, where you have the group you want to delete
- As soon as you are at the beginning of this platform, you must search and click Groups (It is located in the left side area)
- Then a new window appears, with everything related to your groups.
- It should be located in the section of Groups you manage and then check the group you want to leave
- Once there, all the information of the group appears.
- The first thing is to eliminate each of the people that make up the group, for this you must press on the option of Members
- After deleting all the members, only their name will remain, being part of the members and being an administrator
- Click on the options (three dots) next to your name, in the section on administrators and moderators.
- Press on Leave group
- Finally, a pop-up window appears, indicating if you want to delete and abandon your group.
- Check on Abandon and delete and thus you have deleted the Facebook group.
It is important to note that the only requirement To delete a group on Facebook, is to be the administrator of it. Otherwise you cannot delete it, you can only leave the group as a member.
If after this, you no longer want to delete the group, you can deactivate and stop receiving group notifications and in this way the group will exist, but notifications will already arrive and it will not bother you.
Finally, we hope this post has helped you. However, we would like to hear your opinion. Have you been able to delete your Facebook group, easily?Do you know of another method to delete or leave a group on Facebook? Leave us your answers in the comments.