If you want to know how you can create users and groups with Windows Server, keep reading this article. Basically, we will explain in detail all the methods with and without domain that you can apply to carry out this action.
Likewise, we will describe what the existing permissions are, the types of users available, and the steps to follow to produce these permissions in Windows Server with a domain without any problem.
What are the permissions that users and groups have within Windows Server?
Users and groups in Windows Server are essential to be able to access and control the information that is handled there. Therefore, you should know that there are permissions available to different types of users and groups within Windows Server.
For example, by belonging to groups with Windows Server, you can perform the action of creating shared folders with Windows Server. Well, this works perfectly, if you want to work with your team. These permissions vary depending on the type of user and groups.
How many types of users can be created with Windows Server?
In accordance with the above, it must be stated that there are different types of users that can be created with Windows Server, these are as follows:
- Users and groups in Windows Server without domain (Locals). This procedure applies when Windows Server 2022 does not have a domain controller. Therefore, the users must be local.
- Users and groups in Windows Server with domain (Active Directory). This option applies when the domain in Windows Server 2022 has already been generated.
How can you create a non-domain (local) user or group?
Now, you must know the way in which you can generate a user or group without a domain (local). To do this, you just have to follow the following simple procedure:
- Right click on the Start menu and then select the phrase “computer management.”
- Go to the part named “Local Users and Groups.”
- Then, you will be able to visualize the two options. There, access each one to see the default content.
- Then, to create the user go to the folder named “Users.” Then right click on it and sSelect the “New User” option.
- Register the data required for the user and configure the “passwords” section. There, you will be able to set some of the options for the password.
- Click on “Create” and immediately, the user will be created locally.
- To edit user settings, you can access the user properties.
- There, a window will be displayed. In the tab, “member of” you can add a new user to a new group clicking on “add.”
- Enter the name of the group in the pop-up window. To add this group to the user’s profile, click “accept.”
- To create a group, Go to the “Groups” folder and right click on it. Then select “new group.”
- Enter the corresponding data of the group.
- If you wish, in “add” you can add a user. To save the changes, click on accept and then, in order to complete the process, select “create.”
- Proceed to validate that the user faces in that new group.
- To check its operation, log out and log in.
- Finally, you will have been able to create a non-domain (local) user or group with Windows Server.
What steps must be followed to create these permissions in Windows Server with domain (Active Directory)?
Well, you have to know what are the steps to follow to create these permissions in Windows Server services with domain (Active Directory). Here we explain them:
- Go to Server Manager, and select “Tools – Active Directory Users and Computers.”
- Go to “Users.” There, you will find the domain users and groups.
- From the top menu, right-click on the field, and select “New – User.”
- Enter the corresponding user data and the access password. There you will notice that the structure with the domain is different, because it is required to enter the user.
- Click on “next” to be able to set the password. In other words, in this way, you will be able to reset the user password in Windows Server.
- Set the parameters, and click on “finish” to save the changes.
- Access the user properties, in order to edit the permissions.
- Go to the “members of” section and in the pop-up window, (to add the user to a group) click on “add.”
- Select the group and add it by clicking “apply” and “ok.”
- Right click and select “New – Group.”
- Enter the name of the group, this way as its type and scope.
- Click on “accept” to create the group.
- You can add users by clicking on “add:”
- Select the user.
- Click on “accept” and you will be able to see it added.
If you have trouble creating users and groups with Windows Server, you can follow the following methods that we will tell you next:
- Turn on network discovery in Windows Server to determine if your carrier can locate other computers on the network.
- Also, you can ask for help on the official page of Windows Server. In this way, you will be able to solve the errors that you have on this topic. Finally, if you follow these methods with and without domain, you will be able to create users and groups with Windows Server.