If you are visiting this tutorial, it is because you have started using the Telegram application, an app that contains many tricks and secrets that are unknown to most users. Thinking of those users who are still discovering the functions of this wonderful app, this post will teach them how to change, delete or delete name and alias in Telegram – Easily.
Steps to change the name in Telegram
- Open the Telegram application.
- When you are in your Telegram account, you must click on the three horizontal stripes found in the upper left corner.
- When the menu is displayed you must search and select the option “Settings”, this option has a cogwheel icon.
- In the new window you will see your profile photo and your current name, to modify the name you must click on the three vertical points which is in the upper right corner.
- Once you have clicked on the three points, a small menu will appear, click on “Edit name”.
- In the “Edit name” window you can delete the current name and write the new name, if you wish you can add a surname.
- When you have determined what will be the name that you will use in the Telegram app, you must go to the upper right corner and click on the check icon (okay) to save the configuration.
You must bear in mind that you can change the name that identifies your Telegram account as many times as you wish, but you can’t delete it, since it is mandatory to have a name that identifies the account, instead the last name is an optional field, the user is not required to write a last name.
Steps to change or delete the alias (username) in Telegram
The username (also known as alias, nickname, nickname) is different from the name you set when you sign up for Telegram; setting a username or alias is used to search for a user in the Telegram search bar without having to have their phone number. The username is unique, no other user will have it; It is also visible to all Telegram users, you cannot hide it, if you do not want to have that name visible you have to delete it.
The advantages of setting a username in Telegram is that you can, first, open an account without having a phone number, and second, you take care of your privacy because you will not have to provide your phone number to people with your username they will be able to find you quickly.
What’s more, Telegram provides a link when you create your alias so that you can copy it and send it to your contacts via WhatsApp, SMS or Telegram, in order to start a conversation on Telegram more quickly. Here are the steps to change or remove the alias:
- Enter the Telegram application.
- Once inside the application, go to the upper left corner and click on the three horizontal stripes.
- In the menu select “Settings”.
- In the “Account” section you will see your phone number, username and biography; click on the option “Name of users” (alias).
- In the new window you can delete or change the username.
- If you want to delete the user name, you must delete it and then click on the approval icon in the upper right corner to save the changes.
- If you want to modify the user name, delete it and write the new one. The username can contain numbers (0-9), letters (az), and underscore (_); the minimum length is 5 characters. If the name you want to establish is being used by another user, Telegram will notify you that the name is not available, you have to try until you find an available name. To finish the process, click on the check icon to save the settings.
Remember that this username is unique, with that name other users of the Telegram platform can contact you, you must be clear that when establishing a username messages may come to you from unknown people, but these will never have your phone number. So far there is no possibility to hide this name from other users.